Well for the first half of the year, updates on my blog were fairly regular...not so this last half. I could blame it on my sick laptop which has only just been fixed to a workable standard; or the intermittent internet that we get here; or the telecommunications company which doesn't manage to get much (or any) praise from long-time residents; i could blame it on many things but i guess in reality i have just been a bit slack!!
But we're back now. Since Ben left I have just mainly been working (have kind of felt like all i do is work and sleep...) but its going well and things are happening whih is encouraging.
I have joined with youth group all year and last week we launched our album, all original songs such by us - it was good fun and a great honour to be a part of it (im known as "the only white girl...")We even made a dvd clip to promote the launch which went on the local tv station and after that people started recognising me in shops and stuff. Fine, except that the clip was REALLY bad! Think boyzone/westlife styles swaying and clicking and slowly walking towards the camera dancing.....yah.....
I am part way through cataloguing the library at work so i will hopefully have that all up and running by the time i leave. Fingers crossed. Only 2 more full weeks at work, then a few days in Santo checking it out, and then the last few days packing!! Its crazy - time is running out!
But i feel as though ive made the most of it - certainly got a lot planned for the last three weeks as well.
Simon left yesterday so now "mi wan nomo" (im alone). Ive got a collection of people staying the nights with me until a med student is moving in on wednesday. So thats exciting.
I spend time thinking now what i would do differently if i were to come again - things like learning how to play string band style guitar, learn one of the village languages, etc etc and what im going to do first when i get home - wim at the beach, lie on the grass for more than 30 secs and not get mauled by bitting ants, eat ice-cream, drink real milk, have real dairy products, buy lots of nuts, wash my clothes in a washing machine....its going to be exciting!
I fly into Invercargill Airport at 5.20pm or something like that on the 19th december so if you are round feel free to come say hi at home after that. I would love to see you!
I feel like theres so much to say but ill tell you in person and give you a real slide show when im back. Looking forward to it.
Ale, lukim yu
Sunday, 25 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Miri,
i think you should alter your flights so you have a stop over in Greymouth on the way to Invercargill (despite the fact that Greymouth only does to-from Chch..)
thinking of ya
love
Viv
Post a Comment