I had my first dasy at work....they sent me home at 11.30am 'cos they dont wanna stress me out too much!!! Haha, it was great! I'm going to be teaching a mamas literacy class (older mums) who are really keen to learn english! They want to learn so they can write letters and read the bible so its a pretty cool chance to help them out! Quite a challenge though figuring out the best way to go about teaching english, in Bislama (they cant understand much english!) so its good practise for me as well as them!
Also overseeing an art club and am coaching hockey. Had the boys this morning..(it was 9 in the morn and soooo hot!)but they were pretty good at it so it was lots of running roung trying to keep up! Got the girls later in the week which should be cool. And other than that im writing up a research paper for my counterpart, who has questioneered heaps of youth about the centre but she needs me to put it into a report to present to AusAid!! SO thats exciting.
The people here are just great, so friendly and so capable with what they have, its inspiring. Am starting to miss you all alot, it will be good in a few weeks when ive made a few more aquaintences! But love to all, please pray for my english lessons - what a priveledge to be able to teach women english, so they can pass it on to their families (none of the kids go to school cos its too expensive), and especially to be able to do it so they can read the bible! Very cool!
Looking forward to the dry season when its not so humid and a little cooler!
WIll post photos very soon
Me
Saturday, 24 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi there my sweet :) Wow !!! You are a busy girl !!! And I do NOT envy you playing hockey in that heat ! :) Thanks for your comment and I'm very impressed with your Bislama ... will show it to Kevin when he gets back from Dud tomorrow.
Busy day today with The Summer Hummer which The Violent Pillows ...... er ahem ... I mean The Violet Pillars were opening !! Pretty Cool eh ? They looked very cool and sounded very cool too so that was good. I then played roadie and brought the drum kit home and left them to party on :) We're missing you too my love .... have been thinking of you heaps this last week ... so it is lovely to hop on to your blog and get the updates :) Keep up the good work :) ... oh and great news about your luggage :)
With love and lots of hugs, lukim yu :) Sandra
Just so you know ... the deleted comment was me ... I hit publish TWICE !!!!! Figured you didn't want to read the same thing twice !! Lol.
Sandra
Hey Miri, sounds great, loving what your up to, I really support your vision sister it's awesome!!! I'm proud of ya:-)
Asia's pretty exciting I keep getting attacked by wolves though it's always at really inconvenient moments too, like when I'm just about to get on the subway or singing a song in a church, when buying fruit from the locals etc. Yeah so, other than the wolves- scaring should'nt be too bad our team's doing well.
Hey, slightly seriously, some friends and I are giving our whole lives, dedicating them to revival. To a Jesus revolution, where going to embrace the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as we have never known before, dreamed or imagined. This group of friends will form a team that embraces the love, power and vision of God so wholeheartedly that we transform our nation, so that our nation takes the Gopel of Christ to all nations!!! To all peoples. If you have a vision a dream, some impossible reality that you long to pursue, then come journey with us, we'll be based in Manapouri, I'd love to have such a brilliant friend and amazing person such as yourself on our team. We can do it, we can be the generation that shakes a nation. Dream with me sister, see you in Manapouri or somewhere beautiful. Go hard in your pursuit of God, check out Isaiah 62:1-7.
God Bless and Love Always,
Benji Alexander.
ICAC Manapouri
Hey chika that looks awesome, God really hooked you up huh! being made to pray before you start class, thats awesome!!! First vision tonight its gonna go off!!! oh well be blessed and be a blessing, arohanui
Andy
Post a Comment